Welcome to Green Hills Primary School! Our school is a dynamic and exciting place to be. Every day we put our motto, ‘towards excellence’ at the center of all that we do. We continuously strive to provide a school culture of excellence. Best practice in teaching and learning is a top priority. Our teachers work hard to provide a learning environment that promotes high academic standards, strong values and cultivates an enthusiasm for life-long learning.
The Primary School consists of students in Grades 1-4. We offer full-day English classes as well as 50/50 English and French classes in all grades. The French classes are designed specifically for Francophone students. Students in the 50/50 program do math, language and social studies in French, while science and Journeys are taught in English. Students in Primary also take the following subjects: French as a second language (Anglophone classes), Kinyarwanda, art, traditional dance, music, PE, and swimming.
For those students who need extra support we have the following special services:
- Students with special needs- students who qualify for these services will have a personal assistant who will work with them both in and out of the classroom.
- Early Reading Intervention (English/French)- this program is designed to assist students who need additional support in reading. Students work with a trained teacher in small groups to develop strong reading skills.
*note: there are additional fees for the above services
Elsewhere on the website you will be able to find important information about other programs offered such as the arts and dance, extra curricular activities and special events at the Primary School.
LIFE AT THE PRIMARY SCHOOL
Green Hills Primary School strives to develop a positive school culture. One of the ways we do this is through various school-wide events including the following:
- Monthly Assemblies- Assemblies give students an opportunity to share their learning with others, perform on a stage, get recognized for excellent work, and hear important information from school leaders.
- Special Events and Spirit Days– Students work hard to perform at various events throughout the year. These include sharing of the visual/performing arts and sports. We hold a yearly Book Fair and focus on cultivating a love for reading in our students. Primary students also have fun at school on Spirit Days, where they are free to dress according to specific themes.
- Birthday Parties-Parents have the option of celebrating their child’s birthday in class. There is a fee to purchase a cake and a crate of soda. Birthdays are celebrated at the end of the day. Relatives and siblings are welcome.
We hope you will come to visit us soon.
Primary School Principal